Tuesday, March 29, 2011

The Waiting Game

On Friday, we were told that James would be discharged on Monday as long as he passed his car seat test and didn't have any episodes. An episode being a heart rate drop, breathing difficulties, or oxygen de-sat. Well, over the weekend, he suffered one de-sat, so that pushed us back to today. Yesterday, I went to the hospital to feed him, and luckily I was there during rounds. I like to be there when they do rounds because they are done at the bedside and I can get all the nitty gritty information on my son. He was given the go ahead to come home today. HOWEVER, someone either with the hospital or the medical supply company is dragging their feet. James is coming home on oxygen and we are supposed to get trained on how to use it before he can come home. Needless to say, if he does not have his oxygen ready to go by the time rounds happens (at or around noon) he won't be coming home today. Its 11:15 a.m now, I'm not feeling too optimistic at the moment....

No comments:

Post a Comment