Wednesday, March 2, 2011

The Latest and Greatest...

Sorry, it's been a few days since the last update, both James and myself had a few setbacks.

With me, it was my blood pressure, this pre-eclampsia has a mind of its own. My bp decided to elevate on Saturday night, which caused me to stay in the hospital a few more days. Thankfully, I was discharged on Monday evening.

James also had a few setbacks this past weekend. He was originally put on a CPAP machine to aid his breathing. Which meant he was breathing on his own, but the machine was blowing air into his nose.

This weekend, they decided to put him on a ventilator, which does the breathing for him. It was very scary to see him with the tube in his mouth, but after talking with the doctors and nurses it became less scary and more of a reality. By being on the ventilator, James is not as labored when it comes to breathing, and he is actually taking more breaths on his own now that he does have some assistance. They gave him a synthetic surfactant for his lungs. This is helping his lungs work properly.

No comments:

Post a Comment