Friday, March 18, 2011

The Big Move!

Yesterday, Mike and I went to see James for a very short visit and I'm very glad we did. As we got there, the nurse informed us that James would be moved from the unit he has been in since he was born, to the Progressive Care Nursery. This is a HUGE move! Babies that are in the PCN are one step closer to coming home! Way to go James!

His feedings are now up to 38mL every 3 hours and he is starting to nipple better, they have increased his bottle feedings to 2 per day. He now weighs in at 4lb 6oz. My little guy is getting bigger everyday.

James is quite the cutie, I've decided that he's my little 'puffer fish,' when he sleeps he 'puffs' the air out of his mouth, its rather cute!

I went to the doctor yesterday to find out the results of my blood work and to check the bp. BP was good, only trace protein in my urine however this time, the levels for my liver are out of whack. I cannot catch a break!! What this all means...this could be a side effect of the toxemia or it could be because of my gall bladder. The doctor has ordered more blood work to see if my levels change, but in the meantime, I have to continue to check my blood pressure, and if it begins to tread upward, I will have to go back to the hospital. Hopefully, HOPEFULLY, I do not have to go back! At this rate, my son is getting better faster than his mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment