Friday, March 11, 2011

Hospital

Oh what a week! Wednesday, I went to a routine doctors appointment and everything went well, I even ran to Meijer after and it made me feel like a 'normal' person again. My wonderful in-law's braved the rain and brought me to the hospital to see James. He was doing FANTASTIC! He was very alert, with his eyes wide open and moving all around. I was able to hold him for quite awhile before I let the grandparents come in. This was the first time that Mike's parents held James. Grandma was very eager, she couldn't wait to hold her grandson. Grandpa was a bit apprehensive at first, but as you can see, both James' settled in quite nicely =)

I thought I was going to have a nice, quiet evening with my husband. I THOUGHT WRONG! After Mike came home from class, my stomach started to feel a bit off. I just dismissed the pain, thinking it was just another affect of one of my new medications. Later on that night, my back and upper abdomen started hurting very badly. After waiting 30 minutes or so, the pain wasn't going away, it was getting worse. At this point Mike and I decided that it would be best if we went to the emergency room. After ruling out a heart issue, they took me for an ultra sound of my abdomen, where they found stones in my gallbladder. Yes, ladies and gentlemen, when it rains it pours! Needless to say, I'm going to have to have my gallbladder out sometime in the future. NOT FUN! Then they did some blood work and some of my levels were elevated, yet my blood pressure was normal (go figure). To be on the safe side, they wanted to keep me overnight for observation, and they decided to put me back on my favorite drug...magnesium sulfate (NOT)! This drug is horrible! It makes you feel as if your skin is burning, but to my surprise, this time I did not feel that way. Anywho, this is starting to get very long. Long story short, its now 12:26 a.m Friday night/Saturday morning and I'm still at the hospital. Hopefully I will be able to post tomorrow that I am at home, we shall see!

No comments:

Post a Comment