Friday, February 25, 2011

February 22-24, 2011

Because of the blood pressure spike, they decided to induce labor that morning instead of waiting until Thursday as they planned. Let me just say, it was not a fun ride to be induced. 40 hours later, the doctors decided that I was just not going to be ready to deliver naturally, and that's when they decided a c-section was the safest course of action. I was a little scared of what was to come, but was pretty sure that I didn't want to back track at all. When they told me at 3 a.m that I would be delivering via c-section, all I wanted to do was talk to Mike, but the doctors and nurses told me to 'let him sleep' during this time, and that he 'needed his rest.' Poor Mike was so exhausted, and he had no clue what was going on, my voice was weak and I had nothing to throw at him to wake him up, so asleep he stayed until the nurse woke him up around 4 a.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment