Friday, February 25, 2011

February 19-22, 2011

At this point I have been admitted to the hospital, and scared out of my mind. They worked pushing drugs for a few hours to get my blood pressure to go down from the 200s/110s down into a more manageable range. At around 10:30 Friday night, they decided that it would be best to transfer me to Henry Ford Hospital in Detroit. The hospital in Wyandotte doesn't have nearly as good of a NICU as the main hospital in Detroit, and the doctors were worried that they would have to deliver James that night.  At this point I knew I wasn't going home anytime soon. Once I arrived at the new hospital, I had a slew of doctors and nurses around me, trying to stabilize my blood pressure, which seemed to take FOREVER! Once I was settled in, they had me hooked up to an IV of magnesium sulfate, which would help to keep me from having seizures. The medicine did its job, however it made me feel as if I was burning from the inside out. I had to stay on the 'mag' from Friday-Monday then they took me off to see what would happen. Well, unfortunately, my blood pressure decided to climb again, and they had to put me back on from Tuesday-Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment